Strathearn Historical Park will transform itself into a small town in rural America in the 1860s for the 11th Annual Civil War Days event - history comes to life!
Step back to another place and time, when President Lincoln could take a break from his Washington duties to give a speech on the steps of our Strathearn House. Here, costumed civilians, as well as soldiers from the north and south stand ready in their camps, eager to tell their stories to the passing visitors. Sergeants drill groups of local boys and girls curious to experience military life. Skirmishes, as well as artillery and infantry demonstrations will take place throughout the weekend.
• President Lincoln delivers his Gettysburg Address
• General Ulysses S. Grant & General Robert E. Lee reenact the Surrender at Appomattox
• Kids wanted as recruits – come early & enlist, plus interview a soldier
• Food for sale from local food vendors
• Experience Authentic Artillery & Infantry Demonstrations
• Enjoy a 1860s Gospel music performance (Sunday only)
• Tour historic Simi houses & buildings beginning at 12pm each day
• Historical Demonstrations: School House, Photography, Blacksmith
• Meet Harriet Tubman and listen as she shares her experiences on the Underground Railroad
• Music daily performed by Orange Town Revival, Mountain Fife and Drums and Camp Carleton Band
• Shop Civil War Era Items at Simi Store & Kansas Mercantile
Please join us on Saturday, April 1, 10am-4pm & Sunday, April 2, 10am-3pm
Advanced tickets available: $8 for adults, $5 for children from 5 to 12, under 5 free. Prices at the gate are: $10 for adults, $5 for children from 5 to 12, under 5 free. Free entry for active and retired military with ID